Make Up Days
February 14, 2019
Dear Port Edwards School District Families:
During the seven years I have been in the District, this is truly a first in terms of the variety of winter weather. It is hard to believe that we are supposed to start our spring sports seasons at the high school during the first week of March. With that said, here is the plan for making up snow days:
- A student attendance day is now scheduled on Monday, April 22nd and the Professional Development Day that was scheduled is cancelled.
- A student attendance day is now scheduled on Friday, May 3rd and the Professional Development Day that was scheduled is cancelled.
- A student attendance day is now scheduled on Friday, June 7th and the Record Keeping Day that was scheduled is cancelled.
If there are any additional student attendance days cancelled due to weather, we will look to alter our daily schedule by adding minutes onto the school day. Our teaching staff will be making up the lost professional development days and student contact days. Please contact the school if you have any questions.
Wishing for an early spring,
District Administrator/7-12 Principal
Public school open enrollment in Wisconsin officially begins on February 4th for the 2019-2020 school year. Parents and students who are interested in open enrolling their student(s) into the Port Edwards School District are welcome to tour our schools. Please contact either the elementary office or the middle/high school office to set up a time to explore what Port Edwards has to offer. More information on the open enrollment process is provided below.
Port Edwards Elementary School Office 715-887-9095
John Edwards Middle/High School Office 715-887-9000
Guidance for Parents and Guardians
- Parents and guardians may complete open enrollment applications online at http://dpi.wi.gov/oe. The online application will be available from Feb. 4 until 4 p.m. on April 30, 2019.
- Parents are limited to no more than three applications to nonresident school districts for each child during the open enrollment application period.
- Applications must be filled out completely and accurately. Contact the local school district office or the DPI if assistance is needed in completing the application.
- Parents may request enrollment in a specific school or program in the nonresident school district; however, enrollment is subject to space and other limitations and is not guaranteed.
- Parents may apply for their children to attend 4-year old kindergarten under open enrollment only if the resident school district also offers a 4-year-old kindergarten program for which the child is eligible
NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION
If you have recently moved into the district, it is important to contact the school immediately to register your child(ren). For students in grades 4K-4, call Tina Melvin in the ES Office at 715-887-9070. For students in grades 5-12, call Ernestine Neve at 715-887-9000 ext. 106.
Port Edwards School District and Individual School Report Cards Released by DPI
Click on the following link to go to the DPI website to view the report cards of the Port Edwards School District or any district in the state.
KINDERGARTEN & 4K REGISTRATION WEEK
FEBRUARY 18-22, 2019
Kindergarten and 4K registration for the 2019-2020 school year will take place February 18-22. Registration materials will be available in the Elementary School Office at 951 5th Street from 7:45 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Please bring your child’s birth certificate and immunization records. Children must be 4 or 5 years old on or before September 1, 2019 to be eligible in the fall.
For more information about these events, please call the elementary school at 715-887-9070.
Boys and Girls Club Welcomes You
The Port Edwards Elementary School Boys & Girls Club site invites students to their program this fall. Boys & Girls Club will be open after school five days a week, Monday-Friday from 3:12-6pm starting on the first day of school. Stop by the office to sign up.
The Port Edwards site is open to all youth between the ages of 6-12. Yearly membership fees are $20 per child. Memberships may be used at any one of the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Wis. Rapids area locations. The club offers a safe, positive place for youth to go after school and offers a wide variety of programs and activities including Power Hour (homework help). For further information, please contact the Boys & Girls Club at 715-424-2582.